December 18, 2014
Don’t ask why I was looking at Dan Quayle quotes… This man was one heart attack away from becoming the President of the United States. Sort of gives us all hope, doesn’t it?
1. The global importance of the Middle East is that it keeps the Far East and the Near East from encroaching on each other.
2. One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice-president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
3. It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
4. We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.
5. For NASA, space is still a high priority.
6. I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.
7. People who bowl vote. Bowlers are not the cultural elite.
8. We should develop anti-satellite weapons because we could not have prevailed without them in 'Red Storm Rising'.
9. The other day the President said, I know you've had some rough times, and I want to do something that will show the nation what faith that I have in you, in your maturity and sense of responsibility. He paused, then said, would you like a puppy?
10. I want to be Robin to Bush's Batman.
December 17, 2014
We're pinning our hopes of "oil independence" on faulty data. Worse, we're using it to dismiss the Peak Oil theme at exactly the time we should be using this extra oil to construct the infrastructure for our next energy age (whatever that may look like), while we still have the net energy available to us.